Monday, August 13, 2012

Halloween Planner-Part 1

Since fall is just around the corner, I decided to start my first of many projects to prepare for the funnest holiday of the year....Halloween of course.  I love to plan and prepare so I thought I would make a Halloween planner.  This past week, I have been gathering supplies from the local craft stores, clip art, fonts, and have finally finished decorating the outside of the binder and making dividers.

For the outside of the binder, I used scrapbook paper I bought at Target in the $1.00 bins last year that I have never used.  After printing, cutting, pasting cute clip art from the internet I wrote the year at the bottom for a keepsake once Halloween is over.  For the spine, I used a scrap from the 12 x 12 paper I cut.  On the back of the binder, I added just a plan piece of black constructions paper to give the binder a finished look.


  
Binder dividers can be kind of boring, so I wanted to make my own for this project.  Because I am still figuring out this whole DIY concept, I just used sheet protectors for now to insert my creations.  One day I will work on attaching tabs that look half way decent rather than tabs hanging on with a piece of tap, which by the way was not very pretty.  For the dividers, I continued using scrapbook paper bought at several different craft stores.  Using the computer, I typed up different section titles with Halloween themed fonts found on the internet, printed out the titles and starting cutting & pasting.


My goal for this up coming week is to start making forms to help keep me on track in preparing for the holiday, looking for costume ideas for the family and start planning what crafts and yummy foods to make.   This year, rather than shuffling around trying to find what to make moments before going to store, I want to be better prepared so the fun festivities can begin on Sept 1.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm already so excited for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete