Wednesday, September 5, 2012

60 Days of Halloween-Day 1

Recipe of the Day
Today I tried a Rice Krispies Treat recipe I found from lovefromtheove blog.  Something went terribly wrong somewhere.  I followed the recipe with the exception of adding Reeces Pieces instead of the candy corn M&Ms and now that I think about it I also forgot to add the white chocolate & the candy corn.  I added these pumpkin and ghost sprinkles that I bought at Target and would not recommend using these for this recipe.  These sprinkles are like eating pure sugar and overpowers the flavor of the rest of the treat.  The chocolate from the candies I added seemed to have melted turning the mixture a weird green color.  Maybe I added these candies too soon from taking the marshmallows off the stove?  Overall, the taste wasn't that bad.  It's definitely a recipe I will attempt again, but next time, I will stick to the recipe. 



Project of the Day
I currently work in the Wine business.  When I seen a pin on Pinterest using wine bottles to paint as candy corn, I knew this was going to have to be my first project.  I have a ton of wine bottles and I love the candy corn color scheme.  I found the instructions for this at wheresmydreamlife.  I was very surprised at how easy this was and how well it actually turned out.  After the paint dried, I used my hot glue gun and glued the ribbons onto the bottle.  A thinner ribbon for the bow would have worked out a little better.  Since I am pretty new still at this whole crafting concept, I still have a lot to learn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment